Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Social Networking Sites

Facebook
I created a Facebook when it seemed Myspace just died out back in 2007 and everyone switched to Facebook. I do not use Facebook as much as I use to. There is a lot of spamming from games and advertisements, leaving you with a lot of annoying notifications.  I mainly use it to stay connected with family and friends from out of state or in another country. Facebook is a social networking site that allows you to posts statuses, post your location, and post pictures. You can privately message people or publicly post on their wall. You can also tag people in pictures and videos.

Myspace
I used Myspace a lot back in 2005 and 2006. Myspace allows you to share your interests in music and creativity by uploading music and customizing your page with html coding. It is more of a blog to share stories about yourself then connecting with friends. When I made a new account I found that there were a lot of changes made and I am just confused with the layout now. Facebook is a lot simpler and I feel it is more professional.

Twitter
I made a twitter solely for the purpose of this assignment.  Twitter is a social networking site that is faster paced than Facebook. It enables people to send and receive messages that are limited to 140 characters.  I feel it is easier to stay informed with this networking site because of the fast pace. If you want to know trending topics from all around the world you can find hashtag and read what other people think about the topic. What I find very appealing is that you can actually communicate with celebrities.

Pinterest

I’ve been using Pinterest for about a year and a half now.  Pinterest is a social networking site that allows you to pick topics you are interested in. It then generates picture icons based on your interests. You can also search things you are interested in, favorite them, and organize them into your own categories. You can simply login with an email, Facebook or Twitter account.

1 comment:

  1. Mike,
    I have never used Pinterest before. I tried a few times but never succeeded because I was having trouble understanding how it worked. However, I went to a friends house and I kept seeing curious things around her apartment. Every time I asked her she replied "Pinterest!" so maybe I will give it another try!
    I also agree with your description of Facebook. Reading other classmate's posts, most of us agree that Facebook is sort of "dying" the same way My Space did. I also use is mainly to keep in touch with friends and family that live abroad.

    Best,
    Laura Triana

    ReplyDelete